About Me

My photo
I Reside in NJ with two sons and husband. The Youngest of 5 siblings and by far the most intelligent. ha ha. I like to try and see the fun and funny side of things. Being the only woman in the house , this is an absolute must to keep any level of sanity. I love my home and family. On the flip side, meeting new people and discovering what lies in their hearts' is fascinating to me.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Choosing and using the correct cosmetics

Undoubtedly you have heard all the rave about the"" Million Dollar Makeup"".


Better know as mineral makeup.originating in the mid 70's, thirty some odd years later it has swept the world with popularity and an exploding market.

I hear some claim it is the best coverage control, feels so natural and they will never use anything again, others claim it makes them itch or attaches itself to wrinkles and go back to liquid foundations.



I personally love my mineral powder, but I will admit I have gone through 4 or 5 brands before I found something I was completely happy with, some from very popular or pricey cosmetic lines. The truth is, I may have gotten a deal on some of them I couldn't resist so I avoided doing any research about the ingredients and why my skin was reacting poorly to them. My word of advice:



BUYER BEWARE! Here are some important tips to help you in your quest for the perfect mineral powder and how to properly use it.



First, not all mineral makeup is the same. Some contain bismuth ochychloride, talc,and synthetics like paraben preservatives and other fillers. Bismuth oxychloride is considered a skin irritant and can cause itching and rashes and in large amounts it can cause cystic acne as well.



If you are someone with sensitive skin, acne or rosacea the ingredients mentioned above in your mineral powder might be the reason you were uncomfortable in it. Even well cared for healthy skin may see an unpleasant reaction to the above.



What you want to see are Minerals like zinc and titanium which are non-irritating and have inflammatory properties. Mineral makeups containg these can have a calming effect on the skin and can be used on all skin types.



A good mineral powder will be non-comedongenic, so it won't clog pores, and it's not going to aggravate an acne condition or cause a flare-up as easily as some traditional makeups may.



Mineral makeup is also used for corrective purposes. It can be used to even out the skin

tone and lessen the redness in the skin. Perfect shading can be found for all skin types as

the colors of the makeup can be as sheer or as intense as you like by using a layering effect or a wet brush. Mineral eye, cheek and lip colors can also be mixed to create a beautiful confident look that is all your own.



I do use and offer a 100% natural mineral makeup from the Jordan Essentials line.

If you have searched the world over (like me) and literally tossed foundations into the trash, Your search may be over.



The Right Choice of Mineral Make up Powder and Benefits:

-made from mineral pigments and other natural ingredients.

These minerals give long lasting lightweight coverage while allowing your skin to

breathe, unlike talc or Bismuth Oxychloride based products that can clog pores and

damage skin. Our mineral make-up contains all natural aluminum free Titanium Dioxide

and Zinc Oxide which provides a natural sun protection without irritating chemicals.



Wether you love mineral makeup or would love to try it on, I would enjoy hearing from you and to give you that opportunity.https://www.myjestore.com/Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment