About Me

My photo
I Reside in NJ with two sons and husband. The Youngest of 5 siblings and by far the most intelligent. ha ha. I like to try and see the fun and funny side of things. Being the only woman in the house , this is an absolute must to keep any level of sanity. I love my home and family. On the flip side, meeting new people and discovering what lies in their hearts' is fascinating to me.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Look inside the Heart of an Artist

*This photo is the property of Matt Gullstrand

Title: MY BUDDY

Matt Quotes
"My late dog Booboo. He was my first dog. Had him for almost 11 years until he passed 2 years ago. I know it's cliche to say that a beloved pet is a member of your family, but Booboo truly was his own entity. That's why he was special to us."

The Interview.
Matt Gullstrand has always loved to create from the time he was a toddler.  As teen began to sketch and draw in the privacy of his home.  It is simply amazing how he captures the life and feeling in his creations.  When asked how, Matt says:

"What I always notice about my art is that whatever I draw tends to mean something to me, in a sense of ideas, but it never hits me until a day or so after I've drawn it. Yesterday I disliked this piece but today parting with it would affect me greatly.
Anything I draw is an extension of myself in some way. Even if what I draw doesn't necessarily have any incisive meaning, it's just the fact that I put even a small bit of effort into it that Even if what I draw doesn't necessarily have any incisive meaning, it's just the fact that I put even a small bit of effort into it that makes it hard to part with, like your children. It grows, you learn from it and in turn it develops. It's your legacy.


The only difference is that I don't want anything I draw to be the same as a previous work. If you continue doing that same thing and stray from experimentation, everything you draw loses meaning. If I do 100 pieces that, while possibly related, all retain their own individuality then my art stays singular and seminal. This way it avoids becoming a cycle and stays a path."

See a Higher resolution version of these works here: http://fav.me/d3k2hxk
See More of Matt's  incredible talent here:

No comments:

Post a Comment